So, translation!
______________________________
It was raining.
No storm with raindrops
coming horizontally at you, not even real rain that was actually
capable of soaking you to the skin. Just a slight, summery drizzle
rained down upon the small village that was nestled up against the
side of a huge mountain. Some time ago, the Village had been a small
town, with dozens and dozens of people, back when the Mines in the
"Salt mountain" weren't considered depleted. Now, after the
Output of the Mines had decreased to the point where the great
Alchemist of the realm declared the mining uneconomic, only the ones
in favour of the rural style of life still lived there. 30 people, now
putting down their tools in the face of the rain to take a break
under arches and roofs, if they didn't work there anyway.
One of those
under-the-roof-workers, the only smith of the village, put his hammer
down too, stretched his muscles and called for his daughter. He felt
like relaxing in the Tavern with a cool beer, but someone would have to
finish the horseshoe he had on his anvil. "Hilde!", he
shouted. "Finish this for me, will you!" No answer, only
silence. He shouted again, louder, but the answer, which was none at
all, was the same. Only the almost unnoticeable sound of the
drizzling rain joined the sizzling of the glowing hot coal in the
forge.
He, who's name was Manfred, sighed, put the horseshoe back on
the glowing coals to keep it hot and went outside into the rain to
give a stern talk to his daughter. He thought about what he would say
this time, while the rain cooled his bald head. "And this time
for real", he mumbled to himself, while he walked to the backside
of the Smithy to follow the narrow and now slightly muddy pathway.
The way led him along the wooden backsides of the houses, to the old
dry Well, on all sides encased by buildings, only accessible through
two paths on either side. The Well was a leftover, from the time
before the rapid Expansion. It got enclosed
between the buildings, and mostly forgotten – but he knew very well
where to find the Well, just as much as he knew that his daughter
would be there. And surely enough, there she was, her light
summer-dress wet from the rain, back facing to him and
giggling while exchanging kisses with the son of the carpenter.
__________________________
Yep, that's it.
Well, no, not really, but that's all I'm going to translate. Now, call me a lazy(which would be the truth), but translating this was just unfun. I had zero fun with this. And I really, really fight with myself when I do things that are just not fun at all. And why fight against myself when I could be doing much more useful stuff I actually enjoy?
So, no more translations if it's not a) absolutely neccessary or b) fun for me, for some reason.
But now that that's outta the way, I will write more Blogposts, because I don*t have to feel shit about not progressing as much as I want to! Yay!On a sidenote, I played way too much League of Legends the past 2-3 days. I main Janna now.
I laughed so hard when I bounced a Rengar mid-leap away from my Marksman/ADC with my ult. He flew away like a confused kitten.
So long, Summoners!
No comments:
Post a Comment