A wonderful [insert local time here] to you!
Warcraft!
Last week, I participated in Warcraft-P&P. The GM adjusted the setting a bit, retconning most of the retcons Blizzard did for WoW. It was fun, but not because it was Warcraft - the Setting made no difference, at least for me. We could have been playing "Generic Fantasy 3" and it wouldn't have made any difference for me or my immersion. This may be, in part, because I don't really care for the Warcraft-universe, yes, but there is a much bigger factor: The amount of players on the table. 6 people at the table, 1 GM; 5 players. Keeping everyone's attention, advancing the plot, telling the story and tending to all those NPCs the players are trying to interact with gets increasingly hard the more players you have. Not feeling "at home" in the Setting also didn't help, as mentioned some sentences ago.
Star Wars!
The Star Wars-campaign has turned out to be quite a surprise for me - mainly because I am now the GM. The first Session with me as Gamemaster was well received (the players said they liked it - surely they wouldn't lie?), now I just have to pull them properly into the plot.
The Wookiee is still weird, and the playstyle of his player is even weirder - takes a lot of getting used to, similar to the newest crewmember. The ex-GM is now one of the players, and he is playing a Gargoyle. In Star Wars. Now, Gargoyles do seem to be a thing, but only as monsters/critters, and only on the Dark Side, at least in official lore. However, there was an actual (and kind of overpowered) statline for them on one of the wiki's, so after some balancing, I let him have the stone-skinned, winged monster who is a nice guy.
Killing Hitler!
I honestly never thought I'd be writing that as a caption. Ever. But since it happened, I might as well write about it. A subset of my friends, me included, enjoy nerding out about Neon Genesis Evangelion, to the point where we tried Pen&Paper in that setting (And yes, we turn just about anything we enjoy into Pen&Paper). After 4 Evangelion-esque campaigns, the player least qualified for GMing in general, out of all my friends, just really, really had to try and lead an Evangelion-like-campaign himself. It started out 2 years ago, on new years eve. Then we didn't play his campaign, until the next new years eve - but now, he suddenly decided "HEY, LETS PLAY MY CAMPAIGN; I HAD A GREAT IDEA FOR A SESSION!".
Now, knowing my friend, I thought "Oh boy".
But hey, sure, let's do it.
First, time froze (but we - the playercharacters, teenagers who pilot giant mechs for a living - didn't). Then we discovered that there are others who didn't get frozen as well. One of those was a scientist.
He explained to us that someone is trying to change something in the past, and that time freezes, adapts to the changes, and then moves on. And, of course, that we have to stop that change. Our characters didn't exactly like the Idea, but did it anyway.
But what did they prevent from happening, you ask?
Nazizombies. We prevented Nazizombies, by travelling to Berlin, entering a timeportal, killing Hitler, killing the Timedemon that was inside of him, and returning to our own time.
And once again, time was saved from the evil Timedemons by THE TIMEPOLICE! Or, rather,
3 16 to 18-year-old teenagers.
You might already have noticed that this all is a bit too over-the-top stupol (stupid+cool) for my tastes. But it was absolutely what I expected from my friend, who has absolutely no sense of taste whatsoever(according to me).
Still had fun. Really stupid, stupid fun, but fun nonetheless.
That's all folks. More next time (Which will be sometime this week).
Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment