Saturday, 2 August 2014

Oberservations and suicidal heroism

Hey y'all, nice to meetcha!

Basic observation: If you have planned a relatively short session (~3-4 hours), and you have parts in your content where only some of your players can really do anything: Do not allow them to drag this part out. Push them through it. If you allow them to drag it out, your other players will get bored or frustrated, sometimes both.
I had a chase across the surface of a moon planned in the Star Wars-campaign. Did not happen because the close combat-experts decided to question scientists for hours. Ranged players were bored.

Games!
More specifically: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2.
I had a ton of fun playing it with two of my friends, shooting people and getting shot. I died the most: my Unreal Tournament-Instincts are hard to overcome, I just ran into a room with the LMG and gunned people down, dying in the process.  Took me about 2-3 hours to start using cover, blind-fire and all the other mechanics one of my friends dubbed "tacticool. Was less messy, died less, still had fun.
Running into a room, heavily armored and guns blazing, shouting "'MURRICAAAAAA!" is still hilarious, and surprisingly effective.

I also played A LOT of X-COM: Enemy Unknown. Will talk about that soon.

That's it, I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment