Cheerio Lads!
Yes, there is a reason why I haven't been writing anything here. It's quite simple, really - I got myself a 3D-Printer. I've been so busy modeling, printing, fiddling around with the settings, printing some more and accidentally cutting myself with the exacto-knife while cleaning up the prints that I barely payed attention to anything else. Now that I've got the basics down though, I can slowly divert my attention away from my shiny new toy and start to actually be a useful member of society again.
The most interesting printing project I finished, up until now, is probably the Raygun of Space Dandy. A friend of mine is doing a cosplay of Dandy, and my response was "LEMME PRINT THE GUN PLEASE I WANNA BE USEFUL PLSPLSPLS".
Turns out, I AM useful, given enough time to model the damn gun in blender. Printing it was fairly easy - modeling it was the hard part. But I endured, I printed, and tomorrow he'll start working on the details - painting it, for instance. Pictures will follow.
I am thinking about attending the convention myself - not cosplaying, but advertising my 3D-printing-capabilities. Cosplayers do need a lot of stuff custom-made...
Goodbye, for now - getting tired, haven't had much sleep. Prints take, depending on their size, up to 6 hours for me, and since the printer is in my bedroom, I had to compromise on quality sleeptime.
For science!
No comments:
Post a Comment