Monday, 16 June 2014

Metal and Maidens

SABBAAAAATH!

Unusual greeting, isn't it?
Storytime!

My Mother invited me to the Nova-Rock-Festival – she REALLY wanted to see Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath live, at least once. Since both of them were playing there, we (my mother, her boyfriend and myself) went there too; drove there every evening, didn't camp as most festival-people would.
Iron Maiden was alright, I suppose. I'm not a Maiden-fan; some Albums are nice to listen to, but nothing I would risk concussions (through headbanging) for. Sound was a bit shit at the start, got better after approximately half an hour. Still, no songs I would have liked to hear, mostly the really old stuff (including fear of the dark, obviously).
Now, Black Sabbath on the other Hand... considering I knew no songs of Sabbath (Paranoid doesn't count), I was rather surprised they worked so well for me. I am willing to accept any sort of concussion I might not have noticed by now for such an amazing performance. Screamed my lungs out, still coughing – such is the price of metal. :D Sound was great too.

In other news – who remembers me ranting about my total lack of interest for girls?
So, uhm, let's say a healthy dose of eyecandy in the form of the famed metal-/goth-chick more or less fixed me. Didn't get any numbers, but boy do I wish I had. HAWT GURLS, so to speak.

The least surprising act at the festival: Volbeat. Expectation: Awesome, Reality: Awesome.

Translation of the Story I started a few posts back is nearly done. Expect it to be the content of the next post.

\m/

No comments:

Post a Comment