Sunday, 1 June 2014

Why do I feel so proud of this.


Okay,
I really did not expect translations to be this hard to do. Guess my English isn't as good as I thought it would be (or my German is a lot better - plenty room for improvement in both cases). Sorry it's taking so long - I don't have a lot of free time, and most of it was used to play Minecraft and pen&paper this weekend.

Which brings me to the core of this posting - Minecraft! TekkitLite, to be precise.

Now, I'm not a genius. I have a certain aptitude for building convoluted machinery, that's about it.
And for exactly this reason, I am really, really proud of my latest "Invention", which essentially pumps lava out of the Nether and feeds a bunch of geothermal generators with it.
That's not new, nor especially creative.
The interesting Part is how I get the power from the Nether to the Overworld - time for some pictures!


Here you can see the Generators. Current max. output is 420 EU/t - needs more generators, but for now it's alright. The Generators store their energy in an MFSU, which in turn transfers the power to Lapotron Crystals. Those get cycled out of(if empty) or into(if full) an Enderchest.

Edit: Since my friend said I'm lying, and selling his idea as my own: Using Crystals and an Enderchest was his idea. The Machinery, coding and everything else is my doing, but I feel guilt-tripped into at least mentioning that HE had the Idea with the Crystals and the Enderchest.

My calculations indicate that fully loading a Lapotron Crystal takes about 100 seconds (96.7) - so the switching out of the crystals is done on a 120-seconds-interval for now, just to have some leeway. Oh, and the tiny thing in front of the Generators is a Chunkloader. Don't wanna be in the Nether all day.
Challenges here: pump the Lava fast enough to keep all the generators powered all the time. Easymode, really.

But now it gets much more interesting!


The Setup in the Overworld called for creative solutions, since discharging Lapotron Crystals can only be done from the bottom slot of the MFSU - and that slot is only accessible to machinery from the bottom side of the Block. So I needed a way to both load and unload crystals from the same side.
I love Frame Motors so much. :D

Explanation: every 115 seconds, a swap-cycle starts. The middle area between MFSU and Enderchest moves one block to the right, connecting the Filter to the MFSU, pumping out the empty Lapotron and dumping it in the Enderchest. Then the whole assembly moves back to the left and a full Lapotron gets pulled from the Chest and dumped into the MFSU. All this takes about 5 Seconds. 115+5=120 - isn't that the timer for the Swapcycle on the other side? Well, yes it is! Nifty, innit?


I'm WAY too proud of this.

I play with 110 FoV, in case you are wondering about the distorted images.

More Fantasystory upcoming.
I really hope I get the Translation done in time ;_;

EOF

No comments:

Post a Comment