Friday, 9 May 2014

Why would I ever...

...start writing another Blog? (Yes, I had one before. It's gone now.)

Simple, really: I feel the NEED to write. A searing desire to create – others draw, or sing.Not because they do it for money (well, some do), but because they want to. Now, I do like singing myself, in the sense of ”the squealing you sometimes hear when somebody sings in the shower“; and when I try to draw, the paper starts crying. But what I CAN do is write. Some people tell me I’m pretty good at it.

Some tell me I’m an ass, but that's unrelated.

Anyways!

This fire inside me was locked away, burning on low flame, for a long while now – but now, since I started a job where I write for a living (kinda – it's a lot more boring than it sounds), I just can't stand not having an outlet for the writing I WANT to do. That does not mean that I don't like the stuff I write at my job, heavens no. But I won't get to write the “crazy stuff” there, like Fantasy, or SciFi, or Porn (writing smut – ever looked at CoC/TiTs? – is more fun than it sounds!), or any other genre I happen to be interested in at that time.

Oh, and I also like writing about really, really specific stuff. Like the Calculations that brought me to my current TekkitLite Nuclear Reactor-Set-up(Minecraft) or coding in Lua for my ComputerCraft-powered automated door mechanism(Minecraft again) or.. uhm...let's just say I played a lot of Minecraft/Tekkit with 2 of my friends the last few weeks.

Other than that: League of Legends, Pen&Paper, FTL, Kerbal Space Program and a bunch of other Stuff. Like Card games, or... well, y'know. STUFF. Mostly games though. There's even a possibility I could write about building awfully specific electronic circuits, or what challenges I faced when I tried to fix the electrical wiring of the 80-years-old house of my parents. I might even do Youtube-Videos at one point or another. I'm not a good singer, but my voice seems to be great for voice-acting. I'm actually trying to do voice-acting for a living at some point(in the far, far future) – heck, my voice was one of the reasons why I was hired!

Oh, and I write in both English and German. No promises on translating the German posts into English, or vice-versa.
Maybe if you ask nicely. I'm really into polite manners for some reason.

Salutations!

No comments:

Post a Comment